Sunday, February 27, 2011

The real McCoy-finally!!



Here's my photo of the "Altered Clipboard" class that I taught as my project for Creative University this year. I painted a plain old clipboard with CTMH pearl paint (just the edges) and then created a layout to showcase one of Jenna's Sr. Class photos. (Can't believe she graduated in 2008!! Where does the time go??)

We learned how to make rolled roses, we ruffled some paper on the side of the photo mat and we stamped then embossed in clear detail powder to make the black flourish images pop with some shine to showcase the shiny beads on the ribbon. *wow!! that was one looong sentence!*

It turned out great and everyone added their own touch. Some gals liked the black side of the paper and went with that look. You can see Nona's interpretation of the project on http://nonapearl.blogspot.com/.

And there you go!

It's been a week since I returned from the cold and snowy north. As always *Creative University* was super fun. I actually completed most of the class projects and I did well with NOT over eating!! I'm finally getting this cropping stuff right. I know what works and what I need to do to make it worth the $$ and the trip. I had a fabulous time with some fabulous gals and I made some fabulous projects.

Stay tuned...I'll be posting all of my lovely creations!

1 comment:

  1. SO cute! I love the ruffly paper bordering the picture. Your girls are both gorgeous!!! {inherited, I think}

    ReplyDelete