Sunday, March 27, 2011

I won! How fun!


My little 6x6 Memory Showcase entry won the art contest at LeaderShare in Las Vegas! How fun is that?? This little "home decor" project is one of my favorite designs to create. It's a sweet little gift that showcases a special photo and features a place for your hidden message. I start with a 6x6 Memory Creations accordion style album. I cut the inside pages out and then I have 2 blank chipboard pieces to decorate!


I used the "Miracle" paper pack (X7133b) from the NEW Spring-Summer Idea Book. The stamp set is *Delight* C1452 and I used the cool new Kraft Color-Ready Borders Z1377. The challenge for me was to use only CTMH everything. Which I do most of the time....but I do love the Martha Stewart border punches. They seem to add just the right touch. But, I have to admit I love the new kraft colored borders!!
The are self adhesive and come in every design you could ever want!
I'm sure I'll be using them lots more in my future designs.


I added some pearl opaques and glitter glitz.
I got the little acrylic easel at Bed Bath and Beyond.
My inspiration came from page 45 of the Idea Book. My striped piece is pleated for added texture which does not show up in the photo.
But it's a nice element IRL.
(in real life....for those who have no idea what IRL means!)

And there you go. I haven't won an "art" contest since 1993 or so!! My winning card was featured ages ago during the DOTS years!! What a big kick for me. Thanks to those who voted for me!! I really appreciate it!

3 comments:

  1. So, so cute!!!!!!!! You may need to do a tutorial on that AWESOME flower!!! It's fantastic. And, I love the leaves! CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a super star!! Yes, you have won a prize since 1993....a Blue Ribbon at the State Fair! Thanks for sharing your amazing artwork with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're always a winner to us, Denise! Well done!

    ReplyDelete