Friday, December 2, 2011

Long, Long Ago...





In a land far, far away, I was a D.O.T. S. Demonstrator.

During the Christmas Season I would stamp this image at my stamp parties and show how to "emboss" and to "watercolor". It was always a big seller!

Then I moved on to a clearer vision for stamping (My Acrylix!) and somehow during the transition I lost this beautiful stamp that I loved so much! I probably gave it to Goodwill!

And now, I'm so happy to have found it again! CraigsList is truly an amazing format for reuniting the past to the present.

I will be using this stamp for a Christmas gift project and I can't wait to get started.

Twenty years have come and gone since I stumbled into my creative journey.
Once a D.O.T.S. Demonstrator - now a Close To My Heart Consultant.

Everything in life has changed.
My kids are adults (quite delightful ones I might add!)
I don't do stamp parties ( I do "workshops" at my home!) and I never use a stamp that I can't see where I'm stamping the image!

However, I still love this design.
And so I've gone backwards *creatively* into a time and place I loved.

Happy Holidays. Merry Christmas. Happy Hanukkah. Happy Kwanza.
And have a Happy New Year.



4 comments:

  1. How fun Denise!! I remember this cute stamp! Thanks for transporting me back in time with you :) Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year also!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, I started with stamping with DOTS too many years ago. That's what gave me the bug...I love that beloved stamp of yours also and can't wait for a "project" with it from you.

    Have a VERY Merry Christmas to you and your family. I'll be seeing you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Denise! I just set out a framed picture made with this very stamp! It was made by a very dear friend who got me into all this.
    DOTS days... :o)
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete